I've just used my Rails Application right into a port. Now, I have to configure another application right into a sub domain. I just read that it's something related to the symbolic link, I understand symbolic links, however i just don't understand how it is related to the sub domain names. Help guide me :) Thanks!
Follow-up: I'am using Passenger on Apache, I'll deploy my application in GoDaddy.
- update domain's DNS A/AAAA record together with your subdomain or perform the wildcard matching
- update server_title of webserver host config
- setup deployment configuration
If you would like used your Rails Application on Godaddy with sub domain, you'll need
1. Put Rails project on the folder.[with folder application, config, log, public, script,...]
2. Produce a symbolic connect to point sub folder public from the project.
3. Set another domain or sub domain indicate the symbolic link.
[So far, you will find they labored fine around the primary site, however it provides the 404 HTML Error when access sub domain]
4. Find project/public/.htaccess file in the sub directory, open it up and uncomment 'RewriteBase /'
5. You’ll find that it's working.