I've got a Joomla! 1.5 client asking to complete an audit of the install's health, Search engine optimization and security.
Joomla! Tool Suite / HISA does not exist any longer what are the comparable extensions I possibly could use?
Otherwise, do you know the primary issues you must generally address when looking for a Joomla! site's health insurance and security?
I don't learn about any software that can help evaluate this for Joomla.
I'm able to spend hrs groing through this..., this is actually the brief version -)
- Make certain client is up-to-date using the latest version of Joomla 1.5 which includes all of the latest fixes like: xss, sql injection, etc...
- Make certain PHP configurations have been in order
- Make certain MySQL configurations have been in order
- With time database becomes reduced due to "quick removes"... therefore it must be washed (enhanced) to really make it speed up. Evaluate and Optimize entire database or perhaps a table at any given time with Evaluate TABLE and OPTIMIZE TABLE
Search engine optimization:
- Use Google Website owner Tools that will help you understand particulars.
- Use Google Statistics to know what type of traffic you are receiving.
- Check pages for game titles/description and content written for that customers and never search engines like google
- Make certain Internet Search Engine Friendly Web addresses are utilized. If sh404 can be used, make certain it's up-to-date to latest version.
That one could possibly get super complex, depending of the amount of security, installed components and atmosphere.
- Make certain database is obtainable only through the localhost or webserver is exterior db can be used and particular Insolvency practitioners. Do not let "wildcard access" towards the database.
- Restrict administrative screen (world wide web.site.com/administrator) to specific listing of Insolvency practitioners (modify administrator/index.php file) or protected it with somekind of plug-in like "jSecure".
- Make certain username: "admin" sits dormant.
- Make certain permissions are correct. 644 for config file, etc...
- Make certain gzip compression can be used to lessen transfer size
- Make certain website is much less heavy. Use YSlow to evaluate. If it's think about using plug-in like jFinalizer to mix multiple exterior files into 1 and gzip these to reduce transfer size
- Check quantity of images for normal page... lots of websites use a large number of small images in CSS for pretty styles. This creates more request towards the server and slows it lower. Consider creating sprites.