after i paste this code in MAMP's httpd.conf:
LoadModule passenger_module /Volumes/Private/ajsie/.rvm/gems/ruby-1.9.1-p378/gems/passenger-2.2.14/ext/apache2/mod_passenger.so PassengerRoot /Volumes/Private/ajsie/.rvm/gems/ruby-1.9.1-p378/gems/passenger-2.2.14 PassengerRuby /Volumes/Private/ajsie/.rvm/rubies/ruby-1.9.1-p378/bin/ruby
then MAMP wont start.
i've checked the pathways are correct.
does other people have a similar trouble with MAMP and passenger?
I'm also getting this problem with MAMP and passenger. Is apache spitting anything helpful within the error logs. I am getting:
[Wed Jun 16 16:07:39 2010] [notice] Digest: generating secret for digest authentication ... [Wed Jun 16 16:07:39 2010] [notice] Digest: done [Wed Jun 16 16:07:39 2010] [notice] Apache configured -- resuming normal operations [Wed Jun 16 16:09:29 2010] [notice] caught SIGTERM, shutting down
I am also presuming whenever you installed passenger-install-apache2-module it did not develop any errors about finding Apache.
I believe it is because passenger continues to be "put together" from the osx built-in apache headers. If you are using MAMP, you need to compile it against MAMP's built-in apache headers.
I'm not sure how you can specify which apache I am using after i do the installation:
Thanks for visiting the Phusion Passenger Apache 2 module installer, v2.2.11.
This installer will show you through the whole installation process. It should not take a lot more than 3 minutes in total.
Here's how much in the installation process:
- The Apache 2 module is going to be installed for you personally.
- You'll learn to configure Apache.
- You'll learn to deploy a Ruby on Rails application.
Don't be concerned contrary goes completely wrong. This installer can tell you how to resolve any problems.
Press Enter to carry on, or Control-C to abort.
Checking for needed software...
- GNU C++ compiler... available at /usr/bin/g++ * Ruby development headers... found * OpenSSL support for Ruby... found * RubyGems... found
- Rake... available at /usr/bin/rake * rack... found * Apache 2... available at /usr/sbin/httpd * Apache 2 development headers... available at /usr/sbin/apxs