I've got a Django-powered page running on Apache with mod_wsgi. It really works all right in Opera. After I change to Ie, however, none of my links work. All of them drop the domain area of the link.

For instance, in Opera, basically mouse more than one of my links, I see something similar to this: http://mydomain.edu/pathtomystuff/linkpage/ and delay pills work.

However, in Ie, exactly the same link shows this after i mouse regarding this: http:///pathtomystuff/linkpage/ and clearly does not work.

Basically by hand type the address in Ie, it really works fine. It is simply the hyperlinks.

This really is most likely something apparent and boneheaded. Please forgive me :)

UPDATE Well Used to do determine something of the "solution". I'd BASE href= during my base html file (which other pages during my site extend). In looking at the origin code proven by IE and Opera, both were seeing BASE href= meaning request.path wasn't being passed to my template. And So I transformed it to BASE href=mydomain.edu and delay pills work in IE now.

This isn't an excellent fix though since it diminishes the portability from the django application...

If you wish to preserve portability (in addition to maintainability), the simplest and many "djangonistic" method to proceed is always to use tags inside your templates.

Observe that the tag ought to be passed a view as 'argument', for instance: sights.myView foo='bar' % uses your urlconf to produce the right url which will indicate the myApp view known as myView, using the value 'bar' passed because the 'foo' arg.

Obviously, you need not have arguments in most your sights, the foo='bar' part is purely optional (Please observe that you should not specify the request argument)

The most typical use is always to make use of a syntax for example:

<a href="{% url myApp.views.myView foo='bar' %}">MyLink</a>

Essentially what you are attempting to do here's reinvent the url tag, it already is available, so utilize it! :)