Am utilizing a CentOS 5.3 box as push server and am looking to get mono running there. after much browsing i handled to set up version 5.10.2 via yummy. i installed also xsp and mod_mono exactly the same way and produced an easy hello world web site. factor is it is not running. iam speculating something expires with my config files which have the effect of this. As being a newbie on linux and apache configuration, i have no idea what is wrong.

I've attempted to follow along with some relative reactions on the website however i cant have it work. So here's what ive done:

installed mono, xsp and mod_mono via yummy put into httpd.conf (mine is within /usr/local/apache/conf)

Include "/usr/local/apache/conf.d/*.conf"

i quickly produced the next /usr/local/apache/conf.d/mod_mono.conf file :

MonoAutoApplication enabled LoadModule mono_module /usr/lib/httpd/modules/mod_mono.so

AddType application/x-asp-net .aspx
AddType application/x-asp-net .asmx
AddType application/x-asp-net .ashx
AddType application/x-asp-net .asax
AddType application/x-asp-net .ascx
AddType application/x-asp-net .soap
AddType application/x-asp-net .rem
AddType application/x-asp-net .axd
AddType application/x-asp-net .cs
AddType application/x-asp-net .config
AddType application/x-asp-net .Config
AddType application/x-asp-net .dll
DirectoryIndex index.aspx
DirectoryIndex Default.aspx
DirectoryIndex default.aspx

Alias /gpsmapper /usr/local/apache/htdocs/gpsmapper

MonoApplications "/gpsmapper:/usr/local/apache/htdocs/gpsmapper"

MonoServerPath "/opt/novell/mono/lib/mono/4./mod-mono-server4.exe"

SetHandler mono

i produced a catalog.aspx under htdocs/gpsmapper but am obtaining a 503 Service temporarily not available.

Is any setting i made wrong?

You mix "MonoAutoApplication" and "MonoApplications" within the same file. I do not think it really works. The AutoConfiguration feature enables especially avoid needing to declare the applying.

Here's my very own mod_mono.conf (utilized on Mac OS X 10.7.2 and Linux Ubuntu 11.04) :

<IfModule !mono_module>
    LoadModule mono_module "libexec/apache2/mod_mono.so"
</IfModule>

<IfModule mono_module>
    AddType application/x-asp-net .config .cs .csproj .dll .resources .resx .sln .vb .vbproj
    AddType application/x-asp-net .asax .ascx .ashx .asmx .aspx .axd .browser .licx .master .rem .sitemap .skin .soap .webinfo

    MonoAutoApplication enabled
    MonoDebug true
    MonoServerPath "/usr/bin/mod-mono-server4"
    MonoSetEnv LANG=fr_FR.UTF-8
    MonoUnixSocket "/tmp/.mod_mono"

    <IfModule dir_module>
        DirectoryIndex Default.aspx
    </IfModule>

    <DirectoryMatch "/(bin|App_Code|App_Data|App_GlobalResources|App_LocalResources)/">
        Order deny,allow
        Deny from all
    </DirectoryMatch>

    <Location "/Mono">
        Order deny,allow
        Deny from all
        Allow from 127.0.0.1 ::1
        SetHandler mono-ctrl
    </Location>
</IfModule>

As you can tell, I never define any Alias or MonoApplications directive.