I've got a couple of years experience programming c++ and rather less then that using Qt. I built an information mining software using Qt and I wish to allow it to be available on the web. Regrettably, I understand very little about web programming. First of all, how easy or hard is to complete and what's the easiest method to do it?
Assuming I'm searching to employ anyone to cause me to feel a safe and secure, lengthy-term, extensible, website to have an online software service, what expertise must i be searching for?
I wish to make my question a bit more specific:
- How do i take a lot of working c++ functions and port the code in order to run it server side online?
- Once this is accomplished, will it be simple to make changes towards the c++ code and also have the formula instantly update on the website?
- What technologies could be involved? What are the cloud computing platforms that might be great for something similar to this?
- @Niklaos-exactly what does it mean to construct a library and just how do you do this?
You might like to take a look at Wt. Its a C++ web framework that is designed pretty much just like a desktop GUI application. Among the use cases cited would be to bring legacy applications in to the web.
Your time and effortOrskillset involved to do the job is dependent how your authored your code. If it's inside a self-contained library, and it has a clean (re-entrant, thread safe) API, you can most likely employ a webmaster (html/php/asp etc) to create the UI interface towards the library for any relatively small cost. The abilities needed could be based upon the technologies you desired to make use of. For Home windows development I recommend C#/ASP. You would require understanding of interfacing with native libraries from the handled language. This really is presuming that you simply dont mind the expense of Home windows deployment for the application.
Around the otherhand, when the library is complex or must be re-written to aid the extensibility you're searching for, asking here won't enable you to get much.
BTW: check out this article on Marshalling should you made a decision to implement using C#/ASP http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/magazine/cc164193.aspx
First, Don't Use PHP :D
I made use of it for many projects (the final one with symphony framework) and that i almost shoot my self !
If you're very acquainted with C++, ASP .Internet might be a good solution because if you want C++ you will love C#.
Any ways, I take advantage of Ruby on Rails for six several weeks now and that i Like It. I will not write a book here however the framework is pure gold ! The only issue is the fact that Ruby is an extremely special language. You'll most likely be a little lost a the start. But as everybody become familiar with to like it.
When you have some fundamentals with one of these 3 technologies you need to have the ability to pick the server side language.
But you need to let you know one factor, it will not be simple !
PS : Ruby on Rails uses HAML and SASS. These 2 languages replaces HTML and CSS you need to take a look their way rapidly since they're awesome.
- Port the functions to Java, easily done from C++, bankruptcy attorney las vegas some tools to assist - don't have confidence in them unconditionally however they could give a boost.
- See longer answer below.
- Wrap these questions web application, and deploy them on Google Application-Engine.
- Java version of the library will be a jar file.
If you want to have the ability to update the formula implementation dynamically, then you may implement them in Groovy, and upload changes via a form in your webapp, either as files or like a large text block, have to consider version control.