I am in a client doing a bit of quick fixes for their access application. It had been some time I'd a try with access, but I am recuperating rapidly. However, I have discovered a fascinating problem:

For many reviews, I recieve a "Record is erased" error. I have checked the reviews, also it appears like there's an issue with one table. When opening that table, I've found an archive where all posts are marked "#erased". So clearly, this row appears to become the reason. However, after i attempt to remove that row, nothing really happens. Basically re-open the table, the row still is available.

It is possible to corruption within the db? How do i remove this record permanently?

Edit: It is a MS2000-version

Solution: Simply compress/repair didn't work. I converted the database towards the 2003 extendable rather, which have been effective. I have marked the very first answer recommending compress/repair, because it pointed me within the right direction. Thanks!

Perhaps you have attempted the built-in Access compact/repair tool? This will flush erased records in the database.

The precise location varies based on the version of Access you are running, but on Access 2003 it's under Tools > Database Utilities > Compact and repair database. Some earlier versions of Access had two separate tools Body for compact, one for repair - however they were utilized from the similar location. If they're separate around the version the customer has, you have to run both.

This ought to be a non-destructive operation, but it might be better to test this on the copy from the MDB file (apologies for stating the apparent).

Tony Toews, Access MVP, includes a comprehensive help guide to corruption:

Corrupt Microsoft Access MDBs FAQ

  • Some corruption signs and symptoms
  • Identifying the workstation which triggered the corruption
  • Corruption causes
  • To retrieve your computer data

Being an aside, decompile is extremely helpful for sorting odd occurrences when coding as well as for enhancing start-up occasions.

you may also do this Command line utility

//andy

Besides the options already published above, I have used another simple method aswell: Simply produce a new MDB file and import all objects in the corrupted one. Be sure to get system and/or hidden objects when you are by doing this.

Compacting and posting will not repair the problem for that error reported, that is clearly a corrupted pointer for any memo area. The only real factor you should do is remove and recreate the record that's leading to the issue. And you have to find methods to edit memo data (or eliminate memo fields -- do you want a lot more than 255 figures or otherwise?) that doesn't familiarizes you with corruption risk. Which means staying away from bound controls on forms for memo fields.

Rather, make use of an unbound textbox, as well as in the form's OnCurrent event, assign the present data in the form's underlying recordsource:

  Me!txtMyMemo = Me!MyMemo

In order to save edits towards the unbound control, make use of the control's AfterUpdate event:

  Me!MyMemo = Me!txtMyMemo
  Me.Dirty = False        ' save the whole record

How come memo fields susceptible to corruption? Simply because they aren't saved within the same data page because the non-memo fields, but rather, all that's within the record's primary data page is really a pointer with a other data page (or group of data pages whether it's a sizable slice of data) in which the actual memo information is saved. Whether it were not done by doing this, an archive having a memo inside it would very rapidly exceed the utmost record length.

The pointer is comparatively easily corrupted, most frequently with a fatal problem throughout editing inside a bound control. Editing by having an unbound control doesn't get rid of the problem entirely, but implies that time by which you are uncovered to danger is extremely, very short (i.e., time it requires for individuals two lines of code to complete within the AfterUpdate event).

--
David W. Fenton
David Fenton Associates