There exists a .internet 2-tier application in which a desktop program is speaking to some database. We support MS SQL Server 2000, 2005, 2008 and Oracle 9, 10 and 11.
The applying is offered, less shrink-wrap, but pretty close. It is extremely essential for us the installation and configuration is pretty simple as installation instructions are often provided in written form towards the clients internal IT-department. Our application is generally not viewed as mission crucial for the IT-department, so we have to keep their work lower low.
Now we're beginning to obtain wishes for any web application develop the surface of the same data. The net application is going to be located by us and shipped like a SaaS application.
The challenge is how you can move data backwards and forwards between your web application and also the clients internal database. when i view it we've got some needs:
- We should anticipate to handle the problem in which the clients database isn't accessible in the DMZ. I suppose the simplest option would be that communication is started from the clients lan.
- Very little firewall configuration as you possibly can. The very best is that if we are able to run with no special configuration as lengthy as outgoing traffic in the clients lan aren't blocked. When we need something transformed within the firewall, we should have the ability to document the change is safe.
- It does not need to be real-time. Moving data in batches every 10 mins approximately is alright.
- Data moves for both, but different tables, therefore we do not have to support merges.
- It might be nice when we do not have to roll our very own framework completely.
Searching toward hear your suggestions.
Is not it easy to use webservices with this? The application can refer to this as webservice from inside the client their network or over the internet. The webservices can perform some CRUD claims if you would like. I understand SQL 2005 and 2008 have webservices that belongs to them you should use.
If you wish to safeguard your computer data you can include an SSL certificate towards the webservice also.
These webservices can function being an extra tier inside your application.
Make use of a VPN. It'll let it access assets past the DMZ inside a correctly protected way.