I have been looking to get MOD_WSGI focusing on Apache via XAMPP on my small Mac OS X Snow Leopard all day long today with no success. I have adopted all of the instructions, looked the web for solutions, etc but no luck to date. Here are my exact steps and particulars. After I run localhost all I recieve is really a whitened screen. After I remove "LoadModule
wsgi_module modules/mod_wsgi.so" from httpd.conf localhost runs not surprisingly.
- Downloaded and installed Xcode.
- XAMPP has already been installed and dealing.
- I Don't have to install Python as OS X already has Python 2.6 in 64-bit mode.
- Download and unpack mod_wsgi-2.6.tar.gz to desktop.
- Terminal "./configure --with-apxs=/Programs/XAMPP/xamppfiles/bin/apxs --with-python=/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/bin/python2.6" (no errors)
- Terminal "make" (message "make: Absolutely nothing to be accomplished for `all'.")
- Terminal "sudo make install" (no errors)
- Increase XAMPP's httpd.conf file:
AddType text/html .py
WSGIScriptAlias /application-sample "/Programs/xampp/xamppfiles/htdocs/application-sample/primary.py"
<Directory "/Applications/xampp/xamppfiles/htdocs/app-sample"> Order deny,allow Allow from all </Directory>
- Restart Apache via XAMPP
To begin with, run 'make distclean' after which redo configure/make/make install for mod_wsgi. In which you have 'Terminal "make" (message "make: Absolutely nothing to be accomplished for `all'.")' signifies there have been prior build leads to directory and absolutely nothing got built for your execution of make.
Next, use '.wsgi' extension rather than '.py' to actually do not have a conflict by having an existing definition stating that '.py' files ought to be performed as CGI scripts. This really is one common reason behind blank reactions. The Apache error logs should provide you with clues regarding this being the issue.
Also, exactly what does your sample application do? Perhaps you have attempted having a simple hello world program according to the documentation around the mod_wsgi site instead of jump to presenting your personal program. If making use of your own program only, you might often be leading to Apache ways to crash because of some shared library conflict between Apache and Python modules getting used, another thing which will cause blank reactions. Again, check carefully the Apache error logs for information drenched sometimes request is created.
Finally your program might just be buggy and also have bad syntax in came back HTML response leading to it not to be shown. Request the browser to exhibit the origin for that page came back through the request and make certain it is not malformed HTML.