I simply submitted several files to some GoDaddy webserver, however when I can get on on the internet it returns
Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]:  No connection could be made because the target machine actively (trying to connect via tcp://website.com:3306) in D:\Hosting\8762147\html\files\connect.php on line 7 Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it. in D:\Hosting\8762147\html\files\connect.php on line 7 No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it.
I am presuming it has related to the connect function and most likely the wrong password or something like that. Here's my connect function (I transformed the data):
$connect = mysql_connect("website.com","admin","goodpassword") or die(mysql_error());
Which username password combo will i need: The GoDaddy password, the GoDaddy webhosting manager title and password, or even the phpmyadmin title and password? I have attempted a number of them and that i keep obtaining the same error.
GoDaddy puts your MySQL database on the separate server of their own. Utilizing a hostname of 'localhost' or of your site will not work.
http://help.godaddy.com/article/39 describes how to locate your database.
- Sign in for your requirements Manager.
- In the My Items section, click Website Hosting.
- Near the hosting account you need to use, click Launch.
- Within the Databases portion of the Hosting Control Center, click MySQL or MSSQL with respect to the database type that you want the host title.
- Out of your listing of databases, click Edit near the database you need to use.
You should utilize the username/password you utilize for phpMyAdmin.