I've got a table, in joomla I am obtaining the following data:
1. fc k��ln - vfl wolfsburg germany 1. bundesliga
and so i produced an evaluation page, I setup the header as utf-8, and everything was fine, I received the wanted data:
Array (  => Array ( [id] => 4e36e64eb34d2 [team1] => 1. FC Köln [team2] => VFL Wolfsburg [league] => Germany 1. Bundesliga [sport] => Soccer [time] => 2011-08-06 15:30:00 ) )
I additionally look into the joomla header and it is consists of the charset:
<meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8" />
What shall we be held doing wrong?
Maybe your files have been in wrong encoding? I had been getting similar problem whan my files were in Clubpenguin-1251, all data were in UTF-8 and that i required to show danish symbols. Altering file-encoding has solved this issue. Try, maybe it will likely be helpfull for you personally too.
your database connection needs to be set UTF8
set the mysql connection charset in includes/database.php file at about line 102 (second line below)
$this->_table_prefix = $table_prefix; //@mysql_query("SET NAMES 'utf8'", $this->_resource); // THIS IS THE LINE TO UNCOMMENT $this->_ticker = 0; $this->_og = array();
Ofcourse your computer data in table needs to be utf-8, take a look.
Other possibible factor to check on is that if your browser sees this site as utf8 (in opera: View->character encoding)