There's a blog, run by Wordpress, that has valid Feed (reveals fine in Safari), but does not show new posts in the search engines Readers. Actually, the most recent article from Google Readers comes from Jul 21, 2010, as the latest article around the blog dates to August 19, 2010.
What must i do concerning the Feed (escape figures? modify XML or what?) for this to operate on the internet Readers?
This can be a reopened question, since the original question I discovered was migrated to superuser, then closed there since it is best fitted on stackoverflow, so no solution was ever provided, with no chance was handed to do this. Please provide an opportunity to get clarified.
Update: Google Readers pulls new articles, in categories of 10, and never the most recent. For instance if 12 (or 13, or 11) new content is not proven in the search engines Readers, when the next is added, the earliest 10 (exactly 10) of those articles show up on Google Readers, and also the date proven in the search engines Readers is equal for every article, as though all 10 were released within the same second - the 2nd they made an appearance on the internet Readers. This issue does not manifest itself in other aggregators that I have attempted.
Update 2: Articles began turning up regularly, so the issue is solved, temporarily. Why made it happen happen I'm not sure, it can be because more visitors activated (for testing reasons), or it's due to the PubSubHubBub wordpress plugin that I have added lately. Until it might be obvious, as well as for 3 more days, this remains open.
You may even seek advice from your blog author / webhost and find out should they have switched lower the Google indexing rate. Google can make high volumes of traffic on the site. Turning lower the indexing rate (crawl rate) will be that however it b0rks Google Readers.
As other posters have pointed out, it may be an issue of low recognition / low page ranking / another thing leading to Googlebot to neglect to crawl your blog frequently enough.
Google Readers display relies upon Google moving your blog to get the most recent content. Reasonably, you will want a customer side pull from the Feed to obtain the latest data which means you aren't determined by Google moving the web site. Outlook 2010, Opera, many more exist. The customer side software will directly pull the up-to-date Feed in the blog, taking the posts because they are released towards the Feed.
I simply added the blog to my Google Readers coupled with a little of the play. I observed exactly the same behavior you observed where I had been missing the five newest posts and a lot of about 10 of all of them had exactly the same date:
After doing a little of the search on the internet, I discovered this post which describes the best way to really see the Released date using a tooltip around the right-hands side:
Then after i click on the "Refresh" button from Google Readers at the very top, the brand new posts turned up:
In my opinion that high volume blogs which are around the Google spiders' radar could be indexed every couple of hrs and for that reason all posts might have their Received date not far from the Released date so nobody notices/cares that it's really exhibiting the Recevied date.
For low volume blogs however, it appears the cache is up-to-date a smaller amount frequently. Google has some suggestions to get it to update - Feed not updating in Reader. Maybe my subscription towards the blog up-to-date the cache, but because the spider includes a delay I did not begin to see the updates till pressing "Refresh". Or act of pressing the "Refresh" button triggered it to search for new posts immediately.
Lastly I activated your blog to my wife's Google Readers account and this time around the five latest posts emerged immediately with matching Received occasions which converted to concerning the time after i pressed the "Refresh" button (or could it have been after i added the feed).
Personally i think your discomfort - To be sure it all appears a little cumbersome for any low volume Feed ...