I'm searching for options towards the Home windows Azure PaaS (Platform like a Service) offering, meeting the next needs:
- The woking platform usually supplies high availability and scalability.
- The woking platform should manage/update the applying server and OS for me personally.
- The woking platform usually supplies some type of NoSQL database (like Azure Table Storage or SimpleDB).
- The woking platform should natively support ASP.Internet MVC, i.e. IIS &lifier runtime atmosphere ought to be instantly handled/patched for me personally.
While Amazon . com satisfies item 1 and three, it offers only IaaS (Infrastructure like a Service), and therefore I have a sizable administration overhead.
To ensure that real question is, what options exist to Home windows Azure, that offer a roughly equivalent set of features? Any suggestions are welcome!
Perhaps you have attempted AppHarbor?
It is simply amazing!
- Runs on the top of Amazon . com EC2
- The whole platform, including application servers, is handled and up-to-date by AppHarbor.
- Programs run inside IIS on fully up-to-date Home windows Server 2008 R2 instances.
- .Internet 2.-4. is natively supported together with ASP.Internet MVC 1, 2 and three, ASP.Internet Web pages, WCF services. Updates are installed because they are launched.
- Scaling is quite simple also it takes seconds to deploy. Scaling to multiple instances increases availability and redundancy.
- All website administration including rollback to some previous version and atmosphere configuration can be remedied with the appharbor.com web interface.
- Develops and tests .Internet projects out of GIT Repository (or Mercurial through BitBucket).
- For the time being all is free-of-charge
- MySQL and MSSQL can be found as shared and devoted choices and optional redundancy for top availability.
- NoSQL databases are supported through add-ons. Add-ons can also be found for e-mail, indexing, caching and gratifaction testing.
- You should use AWS SimpleDB and then any other AWS service using your own AWS account. Servers are presently situated in US-EAST (Virginia), so put the services you provide there if at all possible for lower latency.
- Excellent support
- Create background jobs easily
This really is Heroku for .Internet :o)