I simply downloaded the origin of wordpress application. I'm on the entire process of rebranding the wordpress application (symbols &lifier lebels) for my self located site. I'm wondering, if there's a procedure / configuration choice to take away the wordpress links &lifier wordpress blogging options from the application. It does not seem sensible for that user to download my application from market &lifier visit wordpress site by using it.
This Can Be A GENERIC ANDROID QUESTION:
I would like the customers have the ability to use both default wordpress application &lifier my self located application. However, for your, I believe I have to alter the package title within the android manifest and therefore refactor all of the old package names of all of the java class. However I'll loose a chance to sync &lifier get update from the latest build from the wordpress application.
It is possible to way I'm able to install exactly the same code with similar package (like a different application) without conflicting using the wordpress application ?
Can anybody point me towards the direction where I'm able to find more particulars around the application namespace / package title conflicts?
You will find a couple of considerations to do in order to rebrand:
- You need to simply edit the AndroidManifest.xml and alter references to Wordpress.
- Change symbols (/res/drawable) that demonstrate Worpress logo design.
- Change strings (/res/values &lifier /res/values-xx) that say "wordpress".
- Search the sources if you will find any occurences of "wordpress" in Strig literals.
- You have to alter the package title of classes. This really is trivial. Use refactoring inside your IDE.
Answer: package title should be unique - applications on the market could be looked by their package title: http://developer.android.com/guide/publishing/publishing.html
NOTE: Wordpress Android application is licensed under GPL - you'll have to build your sources available under GPL towards the public.