- small WinForms client application (CFour., WinForms or WPF)
- a couple of customers working simultinausly
- no database service whatsoever - the entire engine as *.DLLs inside client applications
- database available as shared folder on a single computer
- a minimum of simple concurrrency inspections
- suitable for nHibernate or EntityFramework / Internet 4.
- backup as easy as copying files from shared folder - presuming no running clients right now
- no saved methods/triggers needed
- data size - a couple of tables along with a couple of 1000's rows after 24 months
Nice to possess:
- user access privileges
- encoded data
I am trying to choose from:
- MS Access
- SqlServer Compact Edition.
Are you able to recommend which ought to be the perfect for these needs?
SQLite could be a wise decision with this. It hasa really small footprint. But you may also take a look at MongoDB too. I'm however yet to determine the support for Entity Framework et al.
With your limited criteria, limited rows inside a couple of years, it seems to become things i would think about a "disposable" application. Whatever is fastest and simplest would most likely be Access
SQLite is a great alternative, however, you should setup it properly.
Take a look here: