We've installed version of Wordpress (3.2.1) and Wordpress e-commerce (3.8.6.1) and that i have observed that within the product editor (inside the admin interface) provides extensive devices that no more work but it's related to a Javascript conflict.

The devices that no more work are:

  • Not every their email list of media buttons over the product entry page are visible

  • The only real media button that's visible should launch the media browser inside a thickbox however it doesn't do that, it really opens the media browser within the same window and it is pretty not-functional for non-tech savvy people.

  • The Visual tab button isn't selectable whatsoever, only HTML is selectable

  • The "Howdy " message and the rest of the drop-downs is generally a drop-lower menu but this no more works.

These bugs don't show up on other pages, and just around the product editor page.

I've tried to:

  1. Comment out every JS file inside /wordpress-e-commerce/wpsc-admin/admin.php to see whether it makes any difference

  2. Use Firebug to undergo and disable each JS file as and where easy to see what effect it's.

However, I'm still not able to locate where the issue is, or how you can repair it.

I'm utilizing a clean install of Wordpress and also the latest download of Wordpress-Ecommerce. The only real wordpress plugin active is Wordpress-Ecommerce

Any help on this is great. Thanks.

An image from the issues are below.

[IMAGE REMOVED FOR SECURITY Reasons]

Update: 23 Sep @ 13:15 BST

The admin.js file I make reference to is within: /wpsc-admin/js/admin.js

Within the admin.js file, Chrome's Developer Tools are worrying of the error:

    jQuery("a.thickbox").livequery(function(){
        tb_init(this);
admin.js:458 Uncaught ReferenceError: tb_init is not defined
    });

Also, it reviews these errors:

post-new.php:997 Uncaught ReferenceError: switchEditors is not defined
post-new.php:998 Uncaught ReferenceError: switchEditors is not defined

I additionally believe the /wpsc-admin/includes/display-item-functions.php file has something related to the bug/problem.

Basically comment the following all of the Javascript all of a sudden works.

function wpsc_filter_delete_text( $translation, $text, $domain ) {
    // If I comment this out the JS works.
    // If left uncommented the JS does not work
    /*
    if ( 'Delete' == $text && isset( $_REQUEST['post_id'] ) && isset( $_REQUEST["parent_page"] ) ) {
        $translations = &get_translations_for_domain( $domain );
        return $translations->translate( 'Trash' ) ;
    }
    return $translation;
    */
}

I will continue my analysis to determine where the issue is.

In my opinion I've resolved the issue.

Although the above mentioned solution works, it produces an issue where other devices such as the versions won't work any longer as intended.

After lots of learning from mistakes and tugging of hair, I upgraded towards the latest version (3-8-7-rc1) and attempted again, this may work but is not well suited for all instances/occasions.

Apparantly, based on the forum thread I produced around the Getshopped website, it's a memory allocation problem. Should you see the supply of the Edit Product page, you will see that it is all of a sudden stop when outputting the 'Product Download' metabox.

Anyway, improving appears to possess reduced the problem for the time being.

Thanks.