anybody know why wordpress on xampp cause very long time to first byte.. around 10-15 sec, im running on 100mbit box, latest xampp and latest wordpress..
When we even will help you with this particular, I believe more details are needed - if you're running it in your area, network connection speed should not matter. Maybe the specs of the machine, things like that.
On the a little more useful note (:-):
- Try managing a network sniffer for example Wireshark (or using Task Manager) to check on what visitors are really studying the network - could it be full?
- It is possible to process trying out plenty of CPU time, or thrashing the disk a great deal?
- Look into the speed from the MySQL database
- Try redownloading Wordpress and XAMPP, just to be certain
- Re-install Wordpress (ie, run setup.php again)
- Run the initialisation batch script for XAMPP
They are only wild suggestions, so I am unsure how helpful they'll be.