please forgive me to be an entire beginner only at that, I'd rather not need to try to cope with this myself but as GoDaddy support haven't responded after a couple of days I am going to need to. I believe my problem is equivalent to the main one above, but I am not 100% sure, so I am reposting it, I am not necessarily confident enough to try to try the fixes I have seen here and so i need anyone to produce baby instructions?

Our original website (www.mwpics.com.au) was built-in Dreamweaver etc, lately we produced a brand new website in Wordpress, inside a subdomain, then migrated it to the main folder where it's now operating fine. I additionally moved the files for that old website into another directory that we known as 'old', so they are all there.

However , I've got a subdomain setup - that is still showing as placed in the user interface on godaddy the url is www.mwpics.com.au/clients which is at www.clients.mwpics.com.au. Ezinearticles consists of lots of other sites, as both versions is password protected by .htaccess files and which our clients access directly (not with the site) to download their finished work. The exam one and also the one for random clients is www.mwpics.com.au/clients/temp - account information both temp (the usernames are the same because the directory names).

Because the Wordpress install towards the root directory the /clients extension no more works (it will mention an info page that is an .html index page within the directory) and also the /clients/title extensions no more works - it dates back towards the wordpress site having a 'not found' error message. Oddly it will mention this area for that account information, however when you come in it simply dates back towards the 'not found' message.

Someone explained it had been the .htaccess file - in order an experiment, I re-named the .htaccess file within the root directory after which replicated the .htaccess file in the old root files in to the root directory, eureka! It labored - as well as the Wordpress site opened up towards the webpage... but bummer - the /pages within the Wordpress site now no more labored! But a minimum of I understand the origin from the problem.

And So I switched it back which is things as they are - I've no clue how you can fix this, with everybody back at the office tomorrow, clients need to begin installing their stuff...

Can anybody assist me to? I am beginning to stress a little

you just exclude the clients subfolder inside your wordpress .htaccess - see .htaccess & Wordpress: Exclude folder from RewriteRule for any detailed description

this will work:

# BEGIN WordPress 
<IfModule mod_rewrite.c> 
RewriteEngine On 
RewriteBase / 
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^/clients.*
RewriteCond %{SERVER_NAME} !clients\.yourdomain\.com
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f 
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteRule . /index.php [L]
</IfModule>
# END WordPress

short: it really skips the wordpress rewrite rule when the reqest uri begins with /clients or even the domain title is clients.yourdomain.com

bear in mind though, that the moment you improve your wordpress permalink configurations, this rule is going to be overwritten by wordpress ...

Try adding the next towards the top of your root directory's .htaccess file, prior to the Wordpress code block:

<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
# fix rewrite for GoDaddy
Options -Multiviews

RewriteEngine On
RewriteBase /
RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} clients.mwpics.com.au$ [NC,OR] # ignore subdomain
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -d [NC] # ignore directories
RewriteRule .* - [L]
</IfModule>